10 June 2011

A note on the background

So, I decided to use this picture, right...

The image in the background you won't find on the stock images sites - it my very own taken down on the Devon coast, near Beer. It is a lovely part of the world. I still don't know what made me take the camera out that day, and drive down to the coast, but I had such a wonderful walk along the cliffs and beaches.

The photo was taken shortly after I started walking - I wandered along this fence until I hit the next town across the coast. At which point I stopped, turned around, and walked back. Little is it known that a footpath is completely different going the other way - you know roughly what's coming from your first trip along it, so you're looking for the things you didn't see - it's a glorious mixture of surprise and familiarity and not to be snuffed as covering ground twice. The wonderful thing about owning a brain is that it's hard-wired to not notice everything as you walk along, and with a little effort you can paint a whole scene into a different light.

The photo itself can be seen in a more accessible size on flickr. I post new stuff on there fairly often, but then again, if it's anything worthy of expansion, I'll probably talk about it on here, so decide for yourselves if you're going to check back in there or here, or at all...


athankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment