11 September 2011

Large Stones and Angular Momentum

Good Morning all,

I apologise for my absence, I've been on holiday in Wales for a time - you'll get more on this later, but first let me tell you about my exploits before heading off to the hilly places.

On my way over to Suffolk to meet Liz and drag her off to Wales I stopped by at Chicksands Bike Park in Bedfordshire to get some riding and shooting done with Alan from Feral Marmot Films. It's always fun to get out to Chicksands with it's selection of marvellous freeride, downhill, cross-country, Dual Slalom and 4X courses.

The day started well (and late, but that was my fault). A couple of warm-up runs down the Dual Slalom and then it was over the back to the last descent of the XC course for some nice sedate shooting before lunch.

Wide-angle of me hitting one of the berms
More Photos can be found on Feral Marmot's Flickr and on their Facebook page (linked above).

Of course, Alan wasn't just behind the lens - I'd brought my camera along and so we got a few shots of Alan strutting his stuff on the same section...

Alan railing the same berm
More can be found on my Flickr


After a rather nice hour or so sedately shooting this little section of trail we decided to head over to the Bike Park proper and get some shooting done on the Dual Slalom and 4X tracks. Alas, the weather had different ideas and it was about this time that it started really chucking it down with rain.

It persisted it down.

We packed up the kit and in the absence of waterproofing gear, we high-tailed it back to the cars to dump it all. Unfortunately, it didn't stop raining for the next 2 hours. We made one forray back into the park during a light spell to see if anything was ridable given the shear volume of water that had just been dumped on it. Alas, whilst the DS course was navigable, it wasn't really conducive to any great speed or airborne shenagians. We had to abandon our day early, I headed onto Suffolk and Alan headed back to Peterborough and Feral Marmot HQ.

Still, it was a great, if slightly wet, day's shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment